Statements for Sunlight Coach Training Certification Programs
General Disability Policy
SunLight Academy supports individuals with disabilities and is committed to providing disabled individuals access reasonable accommodations.
SunLight Academy prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability and ensures equal opportunity for all qualified individuals with disabilities.
Able to accommodate learning disability:
Our goal is to create a learning environment which meets the needs of each individual student. We are able to accommodate a variety of learning disabilities to make our program more accessible.
Please contact email@example.com before enrolling to determine if your needs can be met.
The ICF Global Board of Directors approved the ICF Statement of Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Justice in July 2020. Staff and volunteer leaders from ICF’s six family organizations subsequently cosigned the statement. This statement of principles reflects a position we invite every ICF Member, Credential-holder and accredited provider to subscribe to.
ICF Members and Credential-holders live and work in more than 140 countries and territories. ICF is a vibrant global community committed to the shared vision of making coaching an integral part of a thriving society. ICF mission is to lead the global advancement of coaching. To do this, we must reflect on our blind spots and be aware of opportunities for improvement. We cannot ignore the challenges that many coaches and coaching clients face due to systemic problems in their communities.
As members of the ICF community, we ascribe to the core values of integrity, excellence, collaboration and respect. The foundation of these values is a shared commitment to diversity, inclusion, belonging and justice.
We will place diversity, inclusion, belonging and justice at the forefront of every decision we make within our Association. As we continue the journey toward our vision, we will recommit ourselves to valuing the unique talents, insights and experiences that every coach and client brings to the world.
It is the policy of SunLight Academy that defines the followings:
- Recruitment and hiring of all personnel is conducted without discrimination against any individual with regard to race, age, religion, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
- All staff and personnel will not discriminate against any employee or participant because of race, age, religion, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
- All individuals are welcome to participate regardless of race, age, religion, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
- All employees, students, and other participants should be able to enjoy an environment free of discrimination and harassment. This includes, but is not limited to discrimination or harassment in the areas of race, age, religion, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or veteran status. Our organization does not and will not tolerate conduct by any employee, student, volunteer, contractor, visitor, or vendor which unreasonably interferes with an individual’s ability to learn in a welcoming environment.
Participants who wish to report discrimination are encouraged to follow the grievance policy outlined next. SunLight Academy will promptly investigate all claims and reports of inappropriate conduct.
SunLight Academy seeks to ensure equitable treatment of every person and to attempt to solve any grievances in a timely and fair manner. Participants have the right to file a grievance regarding presentation or content, facility concerns, or instructor/faculty behavior. All grievances will be addressed to the best of our ability to prevent further problems. A process for filing grievances can be found below:
- A participant should first attempt to resolve the issue directly with the educator/trainer, staff, or participant with whom they have an issue. If participants are not comfortable approaching the individual, they can proceed to step 2.
- If participants are not comfortable approaching the individual with whom they have a grievance, or are unable to resolve the issue directly, participants should submit a written grievance to the program manager within 10 days. The program manager will review the issue and talk to the student within 2 days of receiving the complaint. The program manager will work with all parties involved to resolve the issue.
- If a participant does not feel the issue is resolved, a written request for an appeal should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. This appeal should include the original complaint and reason(s) the participant is unsatisfied with the resolution attempt(s). Appeals are reviewed and a written response will be provided to the participant within 5 days. All appeal decisions are final.
Success in our program requires a full commitment by all participants. By enrolling in this course, participants agree to be fully present during all sessions and participate to the best of their ability. This includes arriving on time, abiding by the code of conduct, and engaging in course activities.
In order to provide you with the minimum required training hours for certification, it is important that you are present at all course meetings.
If you have an emergency or become ill and are not able to attend a coaching session, please contact your instructor or Cristina Campofreddo, MCC Director of Education at Sunlight Academy immediately. You will be expected to complete the session materials, review the session recording, and complete a coaching session outside the live session to make up for the missed session.
If you need to miss more than 10 hours of the course, you will have the option to work with the instructor to cover the missed material at your own expense or register for another course. If you miss more than 4 hours of mentor coaching, you will need to arrange and pay for individual mentor coaching sessions to complete the required 10 hours of mentor coaching to satisfy the International Coaching federation’s requirements.
Petitions to this policy are considered on a case-by-case basis and must be submitted in writing to the instructor and SunLight Academy.
Our courses are designed to be interactive and engaging for our participants. It is therefore an expectation that you participate in course activities, including dialogue with the course instructor and peers, mock coaching activities, and experiential learning exercises. If you are unable to participate in an activity, please inform your instructor as soon as possible. Please refer to the code of conduct for additional details.
Code of Conduct
Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner during all sessions. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Arriving on time to all sessions
- Attending all live sessions and mentor coaching sessions
- Having your camera on for virtual live sessions
- Participating fully in all sessions and mentor coaching sessions. This includes being prepared for the session, involving yourself in discussions and activities, assuming responsibility for your learning, and contributing to the learning of others
- Engaging in discussions with integrity and honesty
- Being respectful of your fellow participants and instructors, including silencing your cell phone, not texting, and other disruptive behaviors
- Embracing diversity and inclusion while respecting the dignity and humanity of others
Partial Completion Policy
SunLight Academy will offer credit for partial completion of a course. The number of hours awarded will depend on the number of hours of curriculum received. If you are interested in receiving partial credit for a course in which you are currently or were previously enrolled, please contact our academy at email@example.com no more than 10 days after the course has ended. Please include details about the course in which you were enrolled, the number of credit hours you are seeking, and any additional relevant information. If approved, you will receive a certificate of credit from SunLight Academy indicating the number of training hours completed.
All registrations are secured on a first-come, first-served basis. Your registration in a course is dependent upon receipt of full payment. We accept payment by bank transfer. All payment will be in euros.
We do know the value of commitment, that is why our Academy commits to partner with you until full completion of the program. SunLight Academy has a 30 days refund policy. If after 30 days from the signature of the contract you find that our program is not aligned with your expectations, then you can apply for a refund. For cancellations from the SunLight Coaching Diploma, SunLight Academy will charge the amount of 520 € to cover the training hours delivered and all the admin fees.
Refunds will be made within 5 days following receipt of cancellation or withdrawal requests.
Modifications to registration, including substitutions of participants or transfer of course dates, must be completed at least seven days before the program date. Participants may contact SunLight Academy to modify their registration at firstname.lastname@example.org. Course changes will be allowed as long as there are spots available.
Transfer of Credit Policy
Will accept partial credit from other organizations or programs
If you have completed a Level 1 program at another organization, we will apply your completed credit hours to your Level 2 program. You must provide documentation of your Level 1 completion, including the organization, number of hours completed, completion certificate, and contact information for the organization or trainer. You may be asked for additional details or documentation on an as-needed basis. Please contact SunLight Academy at email@example.com for more information.
In order to provide you with the minimum required training hours for certification, it is important that you are present at all course meetings. If you have an emergency or become ill and are not able to attend a coaching session, please contact your instructor or Cristina Campofreddo, MCC Director of Education at Sunlight Academy immediately. You will be expected to complete the session materials, review the session recording, and complete a coaching session outside the live session to make up for the missed session.
If you need to miss more than 10 hours of the course, you will have the option to work with the instructor to cover the missed material at your own expense or register for another course. If you miss more than 4 hours of mentor coaching, you will need to arrange and pay for individual mentor coaching sessions to complete the required 10 hours of mentor coaching to satisfy the International Coaching Federation requirements.
Petitions to this policy are considered on a case-by-case basis and must be submitted in writing to the instructor and SunLight Academy.
Statement on Ethics, Integrity, Transparency
As an ICF Accredited provider, our organization adheres to and emphasizes the International Coaching Federation Code of Ethics. The ICF Code of ethics describes the ICF core values, ethical principles, and standards of behavior for all ICF professionals. Meeting these ethical standards of behavior is the first of the ICF core coaching competencies. You can read more about the ICF Code of Ethics here.
Additionally, SunLight Academy commits to acting with integrity and transparency. We hold ourselves and our participants to the highest level of integrity and strive to be as transparent as possible by explicitly stating measures being taken to provide programs in an ethical manner. We do not believe in using manipulative or dishonest sales tactics and strive to provide a safe and ethical sales process. Further, we work to provide fair and equitable pricing for all programs to ensure access and quality of coaching education.
Criteria for Joining
We assess applicants for our coaching supervision training on a case-by-case basis as every coach brings different attributes that can’t be simplified into check-boxes of criteria.
To help facilitate participants from around the world enrolling, we accept Euro, Pound Sterling and Dollar.
However, due to the variable exchange rates, we can offer a fixed amount in Euro and we cannot offer a fixed amount in Pound Sterling or Dollars.
Payment in these two currencies will be equivalent to the value of the course in Euro at the time of enrolling.
Whilst this means we can’t offer a fixed fee in Pound Sterlings or Dollars on our website, it does mean you will know the precise cost to you in your local currency at the time of enrolling as we take on the exchange fee when converting to Euro.
We offer two options to pay for our training programs – either in full or in installments.
Secure the course with a 20% deposit and pay the remaining course fee in full before the training begins.
Pay in Installments
Alternatively, you can choose to pay a 20% deposit followed by equal monthly installments.
We accept the following forms of payment:
Card payments (Visa, Mastercard) at this link https://sunlight.academy/product/pay/).
Bank transfers – IBAN for international and standard banking
We recognise that many countries have a different economic levels and average incomes far below that of many western countries. We want to enable coaches from around the world to access quality training to become professional coaches. If you would like to be considered for a bursary, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules to be entitled to receive a full Level 2 certification (former ACTP)
- 104 hrs in synchronous attended with an average rate of attendance of a min of 8 hrs per month (individual + group meetings) completed within a maximum of 18 months from the contract signature (not negotiable)
- 26 hrs of self study hrs completed within 12 months from the contract signature date
- before completion of the first 10 hours of training, the student plan with the trainer the whole timeline and attendance of the lessons to be completed and submit it as signed
- lessons booked by the student and unattended are counted as attended and paid
- absence from lessons for more than 4 weeks in a row are not allowed (this needs to be agreed with trainer for solid reasons)
- the student submits all the works required for the certification in due time (when indicated by the trainer in relation to the progress of the student)
- the student submits to the trainer a minimum of 6 coaching sessions (audio + transcription + self assessment)
- 2 sessions of the 6 mentioned above need to perform at the PCC Level to receive the ACTP Level 2 certification
- if PCC level is not performed by the student or if a partial attendance to the course is produced, the participant will receive a partial completion certificate for the hours attended and in relation to the coaching level demonstrated in the recordings; this certificate can be used to apply for an ICF credential through the portfolio path or for credentialing renewal purposes.
- all payments in order as agreed in the contract
- within the first 90 days from contract signature the participant is required to fulfill all the followings
- cover at least a minimum of 25 hours in synchronous
- submit the coaching definitions work
- submit the draft of the book presentation
- submit the first assessment of a coaching session
- submit the first recording of a coaching session + transcription + self assessment
If this does not occur, the Academy is entitled to issue to the participant a partial completion certificate for the attended hours. This certificate can be used to apply for an ICF credential through the portfolio path or for credentialing renewal purposes.