SunLight Coaching Certification
Level 1 - Pathway to the ACC Credential
Enroll now! You can easily pay an initial 10% of the cost of the program and book your training meetings.
Ask our Enrollment Advisor about the best solution for your budget needs
With our program you learn the basics of coaching including ICF ethics, ICF coaching core competencies, coaching principles, theories and models and you apply the basic knowledge by coaching 3 clients under supervision.
ICF Level 1 Accredited Coaching Education
Level 1 Certificate – 60 hrs online training in synchronous
Approved Coach Specific Training Hours by International Coaching Federation
Find this program at this link in the ESS Education Search Service ICF
Download here your Free Bonus!
- The timeline with the history of modern coaching
- The complete course description of our Level 1 Program named ‘SunLight Coaching Certification’
- a FREE session with one of our coaches and trainers
Key learning outcomes:
You learn about the coaching foundation, about the main coaching models and about the evolution of coaching
You learn how to plan and manage a coaching program, how to co-create the relationship with your clients by using competencies like establishing trust and being aware of your coaching presence
You get familiar with the main coaching tools and techniques: how to reframe a perspective, mirroring and co-creating rapport, evoking awareness, facilitating the clients' growth
Coaching demonstration observations are included in the program, with verbal and written feedback from an ICF Mentor and ICF Credentialing Assessor
What differentiates Level 1 to Level 2 and Level 3?
Learn what is the difference about the 3 Levels of training, the difference about the 3 Levels of ICF accreditation (ACC, PCC and MCC) and choose the right path for you.
Description of the Program
Our Level 1 coaching education program is intended to deliver fundamental training for those who want to learn the coaching skills to enhance their performance in their profession and for those who want to develop basic knowledge about the coaching profession and take the path to apply for the ICF ACC Credential.
- History and definitions of coaching
- Coaching models and theories
- Differences between coaching and other professions
- Vision, mission and core values of ICF
- The role of the coach
Students learn what is coaching and its fundamentals, the roles of the coach and the client including the difference between coaching and other professional approaches, such as mentoring, consulting, training, therapy. Students also learn how modern professional coaching derives from a variety of different disciplines while always respecting their own ethical standards. Students are invited to create their own coaching definition and to prepare a pitch to present their unique work. They learn how each theory and coaching model can be practically applied to coaching, and they learn and practice on how it can be used to support the learning and the mastery of the ICF coaching competencies.
- What is a Coaching Mindset?
- How to develop a Coaching Mindset?
- The importance of a self-reflective practice for the coach
Self-awareness is extremely useful in many aspects of life since it is the ability to see yourself clearly and objectively through reflection and introspection. The Students explore the benefits of mindfulness and other approaches related to well being, and they are encouraged to practice around these topics.
- The coaching agreement in the ICF Competency Model
- The agreement in the coaching process and in the coaching session
- The agreement as a systemic approach in the ICF Competency Model
Students learn and practice how to structure a coaching session and how to establish a Coaching Agreement, from Goal Setting towards the Desired Outcome, in a systemic perspective according to the ICF Standards.
Active Listening: Values, Believes and Purpose
- How do we listen for values, beliefs and purpose
- How to evoke awareness
- What is beyond the coach’s questions
Getting really clear on values is the first step to get unstuck and moving towards the goal with purpose. The Students learn how to address the Being of the clients and they practice how to listen actively to values, beliefs and purpose in a coaching conversation. Students also learn how to listen to what the client is saying and not saying in order to evoke awareness and support the clients to reach their goals. They learn and practice to reframing and offering questions to clients to shift perspectives by using some coaching tools.
The Students learn, explore and practice the coaching competencies model until they get the sense and confidence to dance with the 8 coaching competencies and start their journey as a coach. The Students learn the ICF Ethics approach, included the IS Interpretive Statements, in order to become aware of what is required to the coach who choose to align with the professionalism promoted by International Coaching Federation.
Practicum with peers
Students will take on the role of coach, the role of client and the role of observer giving and receiving feedback of others. This is the perfect space for you to practice, practice, practice and learn by doing and receiving feedback. The Students will be supervised by their mentor coach and they will receive the mentoring hours required by ICF.
Cristina Campofreddo is one of the few Master Certified Coaches MCC in the world, she is the Founder of SunLight Academy, she is an ICF Credentialing Assessor, an ICF Mentor Coach and a Coach Educator. Cristina is committed to support you to access your essence and use your talents, in order to choose your path and thrive in the new emerging world. She believes that awareness is everything because it allows purposeful choices through transformation from the inside out, which is the most powerful way to reach the desired results in a consistent sustainable way.
- you can use this certification to apply towards the ICF accredited 130 hours Coaching Education Program
- this program is a portion of the 130 hrs program that received the ACTP accreditation from ICF
- this program trains the participants to the ICF ACC level, it allows to be eligible to apply for the ICF ACC credential
- your trainer is one of the few Master Certified Coaches in the world (MCC ICF) and a mentor coach, who has more than 4500+ hours of coaching experience, achieved by working with different customers in different countries, with different cultures and languages
requirements to enter our program
There are no international mandated educational or licensing requirements to become a coach, but there is consensus in the industry on education and training: completing a full coach certification program is highly recommended to become a professional coach and master your expertise to potential clients and to the market.
To enroll in the program you are required to submit your CV and to have an interview with one of the SunLight Academy Trainers to explore your motivation and to become aware of all the ICF certification requirements specification, including the ICF Code of Ethics.
If you complete our Level 1 (or ACSTH) training program and after 1+ years you want to enroll in our Level 2 (former ACTP) training program, SunLight Academy is giving you this opportunity (book a chat with our Trainer to explore possibilities here https://sunlight.academy/contact/).
The pre-requisites to enroll to Level 2 after 1+ years of Level 1 completion are the following:
- you will submit an audio-recording (+ transcript) of one of your coaching sessions, which will be assessed by one of the SunLight Academy assessors with the purpose to evaluate your present level of coaching
- SunLight Trainers will confirm the possibility to continue and complete Level 2 (former ACTP) to reach the PCC Level of coaching competence. You can therefore enroll in a 80 hrs course (70 hrs of training + 10 hrs of mentoring)
- this will give you the possibility to validate the previous Level 1 (former ACSTH) training and continue your training with SunLight Academy to complete the Level 2 (former ACTP) modules.
- the cost of the 80 hrs course to complete Level 2 (former ACTP) is euro 3.200 (taxes excluded).
general commercial conditions
We do know the value of commitment, that is why our Academy commits to train you for 60, 80 or 130 hours towards your full certification.
SunLight Academy has a 30 days refund policy.
If after 30 days from the signature of the contract you find that our training is not aligned with your expectations, then you can apply for a refund. SunLight Academy will charge the amount of 520 € to cover the training hours delivered and all the admin fees.
With the purpose to choose your investment with clarity, you can read at the link below our terms and conditions that shall apply to all our services and quotations in relation to the buyer.
Coach Scholarship Program
SunLight Academy partners with ICF Foundation, to ensure coaching is made available to underrepresented populations.
statements for SunLight Coaching Diploma - Level 2
Get yourself a free gift
An exploratory free coaching session of one hour with Cristina. You will get clarity on your goals, you will immediately experience the benefits of a coaching session and you will be able to create your vision for your purposeful future.